I want to ask you: Are you struggling to finish a book?
Reading is a unique and amazing skill,
and skill means that you have to be attentive to your habits
from the first day, you intended to plant this skill in your life!
if you want to finish a book, Don’t start reading hard books,
or books that are not at your level, Let me talk a little bit about reading from another point of view :
I think that what we are reading is kinda of experience
from the life of the writer him or herself,
and they just use words to express and spread this kind of experience to us,
I don’t think that we should blame them if we couldn’t understand that experience,
because sometimes I hear people say to a specific book:
“ it is a very complicated book or I didn’t understand something”
okay, nice guy, if you see that book has many complicated ideas.
simply this book is not for you or for your level right now,
can you wait for a little or learn something before you touch it?
I really don’t know why many people think they should have the ability
to read all kinds of books at any time they want,
and that is really not true for example,
7 years ago I read a Novel “4o Rules of love” to Elif shafak
at that time I thought this Novel wasn’t a nice one,
and even couldn’t understand why most people like it,
later after maybe 3 years, I read it again,
I bought the book for a friend, but the day before I gave her,
I started to read the novel again, and I couldn’t believe this the same Novel I had read before?! what really happened?!!
I found that I can agree to many of the ideas in that book,
then I have known later we don’t live in our own comfort zone of a learning process
for a long time if we choose to change our ideas or perspective
that would be very welcoming from our mind and soul,
and that is a part of our humanity to learn through our experiences and keep moving without stopping.
so I repeat a lot of books more than one time,
that is my rule if I find this book is good but I don’t have a lot of experiences
to understand the deep meaning of it or I should try to practice some principles
then I continue to save that book in its place till I do some movements.
as Reading is a process to rise up our awareness,
we should know that this skill needs tools, and those tools are very important to keep us on track of our goal to finish a book.
Don’t miss : 6 Reasons why do you need listening to Audio books?
Let us talk about tools a little bit:
- you don’t need to finish the whole book:
who said that you need to finish the whole book? what if some pages are not useful at all? or you know some information about it already?! Don’t be into finishing the book till the end from cover to cover expect if you will have an exam on it or every single page is unique than the others and that doesn’t happen always because the author always repeat the same ideas a lot of times through the pages to let the reader understand it.
2. Eat a bit of that elephant every time:
Do you struggle to finish a book that has 300 pages!! why don’t make a schedule for it then?
Make your plan to finish a book!
- write down you want to read that book ( its title, pages, the whole time that you need to finish it)
- now separate the pages according to what is important to you, or chapters or find anything will let you choose to read this before that in an amount of time (….)
- put exactly the day which will start reading the book, and finishing it
- Find a suitable time in your week to read the book, in a suitable place ( No Interrupting at all).
- Review the pages you read, and write down the most important ideas!
- Work on those ideas, every time you apply something from a book, you will go deeper and deeper to read and apply in your life!
- Let me Help you more to read more books using some amazing concepts which I put on my free BookNow Get your FREE Copy of my Book:Master your Reading skills (part one) here:https://www.file-upload.com/v0val8dcct1swhat is the book about?1. Do you know that Reading is a skill and you need to improve your reading skills?
2.why don’t people read? and how can you help yourself to read?!
3. A great new way! to a better reading experience (program your mind for conscious reading)
4. Four tips: Are your struggle to finish a book? Let me help you